Screening of children for elevated blood lead levels has been occurring annually in the CDA Basin since 1996. The purpose of the screening is to identify children with elevated blood lead levels and provide follow-up from a public health professional to identify ways to reduce lead exposures. The screening program also provides data to inform the Basin cleanup efforts. The Human Health PFT will investigate funding opportunities to augment the current incentives with the objective of increasing blood lead screening participation. Augmenting the incentive was identified by the Human Health PFT as the most promising way to improve participation rates.
- Blood Lead Screening in Children
- Panhandle Health District 1 Institutional Controls Program (ICP)
- 2012 Bunker Hill CDA Basin Blood Lead Levels Presentation.
- 2011 Bunker Hill CDA Basin Blood Lead Levels Presentation
- 2010 Community Blood Lead Testing Workshop
- 2009 Blood Lead Presentation
- 2008 Blood Lead Presentation
- CDA Basin Blood Lead Report 2007
- Coeur D' Alene Basin Blood Lead Absorption And Exposure Report: Revision 3 : July 5, 2006